Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Tea Parties

I just wanted to get my thoughts down while I thought of this day. I went to a protest I can not say it was my first but it has been over 10 years since I have been to one. I Was in down town Omaha and I looked all around it was peaceful and respectful. When I got home i was listening to the media about what they saw and heard the main thing was that people are mad and scared. To answer that question I am niether, I choose not to deal with this with emotion because then it is fleeting and temporary. when I think of what I am doing it is to be resolute in how I deal with congress and the presidency.

Each year we do new years resolutions to set new goals and to follow through with them. One of mine was to follow government as best as I could to call my senators monthly, weekly and if necessary daily to let them know what I think of what is going on. I may not always be on top of it but I am firm in my conviction that I will no longer be ignored nor will I tolerate people being unaccountable for their behavior.

Allowing myself to remain quiet would allow other people to make my choices and to have members of congress be uninformed of what my thoughts are, so I do make those calls. I have had really good and bad discussions with the offices ,but I do my duty as an American to be responsible. That to me is what these Tea Parties are about holding accountable the people who choosen to represent us, and make them be held to the highest of standards that we hold ourselves and each other too.

No comments: